Friday, 5 April 2013

The day before tomorrow!

 
This is a quick run down of my nutrition on the 2 days leading up to an event. 

Breakfast 

This morning was a large helping of granola, smothered in Plain soya yogurt and topped off with some peach and apple. A large glass of water.

Snack

After training 2 clients in the park on a very cold April morning I scoffed a small bag of dried apricots and a bag of almonds before heading out to train another client.

A black Americano with a splash of soya milk.

Lunch 

For the past 3 weeks I've been eating plant based food up until dinner time, so lunch was a 3 bean Mexican mix with barley, some quinoa, a fruit and nut roll and sparkling water in Whole Foods. Most days I also try and eat veggie at dinner but it's difficult sometimes with young kids and I'm not quite ready yet. For the past 3 weeks I've been completely dairy free and this has made a huge impact on energy, my skin and my intestines, all in a positive way.


Check out that little Vegan sticker on the bottom right!


Snack

Beans on toast and a "cuppa tea" while my boys were eating dinner

Dinner

A large green salad with cucumber and breaded chicken (I'm obviously not fully plant based but I am heading that way) and a large glass of white wine. My good friend David Lee is running the Rotterdam marathon next Sunday and I am positive he will be pleased that I am advocating a glass of wine 2 nights before race day!
Look at it this way, alcohol yields (7cals per gram) almost the same amount of energy per gram as fats.

Photo taken before dressing was applied ; )

This glass was refilled after it was emptied!

Before bed I'll probably have a small bowl of rice krispies "I love 'em" with soya milk and a large glass of water.

I eat more than most people think.


Neil
@RunSensible