Tuesday 16 October 2012

What am I going to discuss?

I am very interested in the mechanism behind how things work and as a runner and triathlete it sometimes gets quite interesting. I have a lot of material that I want to discuss on this blog. This is a brief list of some of the topics I plan to discuss but please feel free to ask any questions or suggest any topics!

-What does it mean when something starts to hurt?

-Nutrition 101. What is a calorie? Is calorie counting useful and where do people go wrong? What happens to carbs, fats and proteins in the body?

-When exercising what's going on with the energy systems? Which one is more efficient and which one is best for fat burning?

-What is pain, why do I get pain and what does it mean? Is all pain an indication to stop training?

-How do I improve CardioVascular fitness? What are the heart rate zones and why are they important?

-Is weight training beneficial for endurance athletes such as runners, cyclists and triathletes? What type of resistance training is beneficial and how often?

-Is it important to eat or refuel while running?

-Good books about running/training which will get you motivated!

-Any questions about any of this stuff are very welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment